Monday, March 2, 2015

Transferred To...

Ya so now I'm here in the Office...so now I'm all I'm doing is being a Pencil Pusher as AP which isn't as glorified as it sounds. I was caught off guard when they announced me as the new assistant, I knew it was kinda wierd that they would transfer me so fast since I was in my new area 1 transfer, and my old comp is now gonna do 5 there so it seemed a little wierd for me. But so far its been either stressful or fun, depending on what day it is and whats happening. Like sometimes we don't have anything to do so I get to study a lot or look at Mormon Messages on the computer. I've been driving lately too, I went and got my license renewed for the Philippines here in Legazpi so I've been cruising quite a bit. Its WAY different than back in the States. Imagine a land with no traffic laws, no stop signs or street lights...its like a real life Racing Game haha! Its kinda sketchy but it'll really help improve my driving skills I'm thinking. So the day I got called we had to take everyone down South to Sorsogon to the next Transfer Point, so I got to drive through my old area, even saw some people that I knew as we drove. I announced the new Companionships there, then me and Elder Tevaga drove back. It was fun to chill and talk with him again. Him and Elder Surio are my new companions. E. Surio is actually my Batch coming into the Mission, he's from Daily City, California...its in the Bay area. And then me and Tevaga go back to last year as well, so it's gonna be a blast. Tevaga's the one from Hawaii who moved to Washington that I told you about. Here also in the Office is Elder Kelley, our Finance Secretary, from Shelly, Idaho. And Elder Temaras, our Secratary from Manila, Philippines. We've been having tons of fun, even though we're like #TEAMNOSLEEP here. We wake up super early for some stuff, like when we had to drop off Missionaries in their new areas last week in the morning. It was a 2 hour drive and we had to get them there in the early morning so we were up by 4:30. I'm adjusting well though I think. Its gonna be kinda difficult when I have to speak to all the ZL's and STL's at our Missionary Leadership Council next week, but I already did a Trainer's Training with Elder Tevaga last week so I'm feeling better about my abilities to speak in front of others. Just hope the Lord will help me, cuz I need every bit I can get. I feel like unto Moses when he said "O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slowtongue." But I know that all things are possible to me through our Lord like it says in Philippians 4:13, so I'll give her my best shot and hope the Lord will do the rest! I love you all and I'm constantly praying and thinking of you. Especially my Family, I love you guys so much. Have an amazing week!
Elder Akins

No comments:

Post a Comment