Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 2 Down

Dear Family and Friends,

We'll I'm glad I made it through that week ha I never thought it would end! The Office is either legit, or its super boring and stressful. It kinda like half of the time there's something going and we have to be all over it, but then the other half of the time its just chill...but we still don't get much sleep ha. I miss being out in the field where I actually had a plan of how the day was gonna go, now its all jumbled running here, doing this and that and running back. Ha but its all good. We don't get to go out and work a whole lot, its mostly just running errands, fixing problems, helping people get to where they need to be and lots of planning for meetings and stuff. Its a good thing I've got lots of good guys here in the Office to keep me going, we have lots of fun.

So this week was my first time ever going to Mass, it was at a banquet that we got invited to for the Skin Clinic I used to go to for my acne. The food was great, and we ended up sharing a Pass-Along Card with some of the people on our table during the banquet. We were rubbin shoulder's with a ton of big whigs there, like the guy who owned all of the 7Eleven's in Legazpi was there on our table, the Mayor and his wife were at the banquet as well as countless other people who I didn't know ha.

We had to go pick up some Missionaries in a far area on Wednesday and switch them with other Missionaries because there was some problems in their area, so me and Elder Surio were mobbing the whole way there. I was taking corners like nobody's business haha. Driving here is SO different from back home ha sometimes really scary, other times so amazing.

On Sunday we had Stake Conference here in Legazpi, and I was there when Brother Victor Magallon got sustained to the Melchizedek Priesthood...nothing makes me more happy than seeing him and his family progress in the Gospel! It reminds me every time of why I came out here on a Mission. I love the quote, "A Missionary: Someone who leaves their family for 2 years, so that others can be with their families for forever." I know this is the Lord's Work! And I'm so glad that I get to be apart of it, even if now I'm stuck looking outside of an Office all day I know that its for my own good and that I'm here to help others have the same amazing experiences that I've had out here! Hope you are all well, I love you all and can't wait to be back amongst you again.

Love Elder Akins

No comments:

Post a Comment