Monday, April 28, 2014

Workin Hard Out in the Philippines Heat

Summer is definately here in the Pines. I come home everyday with my shirt just wet...its nasty. Me and Vaki have been working our tails off out here. Our area is way spread out and far so we walk a lot, and lots of the time the people aren't even at the appointment so it stinks. One day we went to 10 different appointments and only got 1 lesson. Its rough stuff. But one night while we were Tracting we were approaced by a drunk man who talked with us. He told us all about how he'd left the Baptist church recently because their Pastor dude was stealing all their Congregational money or something like that. So we walked him home and then we talked to his wife. He invited us back so we are pretty stoked to work with his family. He actually tired to give us a ride on his Tricy the other day, but we were Tracting. He's got the cutest little girl, I love working with families. That same day I watched a man get arrested, it was kinda sad/funny. I'm not sure what he did but he wasn't happy about it. On Sunday we had 2 of our LA's come to Sacrament. They both have smoking problems and they sat next to each other which was awesome! We are working with their addictions, hopefully we can get em to quit! Not many funny things happened this week, sorry. But yesterday night me and Elder Vaki were talking and we had just watched the Finding Faith in Christ Video during Dinner. We talked about how wierd/awesome its gonna be to see Christ when he comes, if we are still alive. Man I'm just so happy to know that I am able to return to God with my family! I'm so grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ and his Atonement! Shout out to all of my buddies who participated in the Live Stock Show back at home and also to my "little" cuz Zac who just got his call to Washington DC. What studs! I love you all and I'm so grateful for you prayers! Stay positive and remember we got the Man upstairs who's watching over us always!
Elder Akins

No comments:

Post a Comment