Monday, July 27, 2015

2 Weeks to Go

Oh jeez the times going to fast. Honestly it is. I can't believe it. Well we've had quite the week here in Legazpi. I'm glad that I'm staying busy, its keeping me focused which is what I need. So to start off the week we were in the southern part of our Mission on P-Day, helping a Member Nurse RM guy give Flu Shots to our Missionaries, so thats why I didn't email on time last week ha don't think its because I was emailing on another day because I wasn't! Tuesday was our "P-Day"...but it really didn't feel like P-Day. Monday just has this feel to it...no really it does. Once you have been having non-proselyting activities on a day for 2 years straight, then all of the sudden one day you change it, it just doesn't feel right. I think thats how its gonna be coming home I'm guessing? I don't know, lets worry about the Work at hand first. The next day we had our Trainer/New Missionary Workshop for the companionship who are training this transfer. It was my last training in the Mission, and it was a good one to end on because we got the approval from President at the end. And then that night at about midnight I drove to the port and got us on a boat for Masbate Island! But it took me and Elder Whitney (one of the Supply Elders) 4 hours to get us on! The Ports here are crazily unorganized...and it was raining real hard so we weren't sure if the Coast Guard would even let the boat out...but sure enough they did. "Its all good" is probably their motto. Oh and by the way we had a spot reserved on the boat at 1 in the morning...but when we got there at midnight we were suprised to see the boat we had been reserved for start to pull out to sea...so that was a good sight. I just started laughing as I saw it leave, no idea why but it just seemed funny at the time. So when I finally got to sleep at 4 in the morning, I didn't think it was funny anymore. Lots of good memories there though. Our Exchanges with the Masbate Zone Leaders went really well. I went with Elder Lethaby, who is my Batch. We reminisced about the MTC and where the time has gone. We had some fun experiences tracting too that day. We ended up teaching this 45 or so year old man that is a farmer by profession, while his wife is a banker, so they are well off so to speak. And yet he was really humble and willing to listen to us. He really enjoyed our message and encouraged us to return to his home. On the way back from Masbate I read the Life Stories of my Grandpa Doc Brown and Grandma Maud Brown. I really enjoyed it, and it made me want to learn even more about my ancestors. I think thats something that I'll pull away from my Mission, my interest in my Roots and where I came from and their stories. I've really been getting excited about it, I've even been doing some Indexing lately! Its really fun. Also this week I drove by Gubat, my old area and got to stop and visit with some Members from there for a bit. I also talked to the Pimentels, Tatay was so excited to see me he hugged about 30 or so times while I was there haha it was a really fun reunion. I've missed them a lot. I should be working down there this week on a special assignment so hopefully I can see them once more before I leave. They really are such humble and kind people. Wish I could take them back home with me! OH and Daraga 1st Ward, my old ward, has been on fire with Baptisms lately! We are going to be opening another area in their boundaries at a place called Anislag! The Members are really excited, so are we! Theres a couple of us who have served there here in the Office and we are really happy that it has continued to progress even after we left! I sure do miss those days when I was serving there, such a good Ward. Oh man I'm gonna miss it. I've been so blessed to be apart of the Work here, and I'm really gonna miss it. 2 more weeks to go. Hope it doesn't go to fast. Love you all and I'll see you fore long.
Love Elder Akins

No comments:

Post a Comment