Monday, August 3, 2015

My Last Full Week

Well its here, I can't believe it but it is. Its been quite the ride here these past 2. I surely will miss it, especially my wonderful Filipino's who I love so much! I actually had quite a fun week this past week. We went down to Sorsogon about 4 times, so there was quite a bit of driving. But the best part of it all was that I got to go on Exchanges in Gubat, my first area! I haven't been back there in a year and a half, so it was really exciting for me, brought back lots of emotions ha. I only teared up when we were down the road aways leaving ha. But we had lots of fun visiting a lot of the people I used to teach and talk to. We spent most of the time in Gumang, my favorite part of the area. It was good to see the people there again, the people I had come to know and love, know about their personal lives, their professions, how old their kids are and how many of them there are, etc. It was surreal. It was reallly like a dream ha. The kids were running around me again, giving me high fives and talking to me! I missed them so much, and I was surprised, they've gotten really big since then. I figure thats how its gonna be when I see Josh again ha. We taught a man I was really close to back then, Rafael, who has gone a little Less-Active again. But he committed to come to Church the next day. Also one of the young adults I baptized, Emman, who has also gone off a little. Hopefully they will begin to return to the Path. I have really loved my Mission and my past areas, but I think I have a special spot for Gubat, maybe its because its my first area, or because I can relate a lot to the people there because they're all fisherman I don't know, but I just really love them there. I pray they'll stay strong in the Church and keep the Faith. So that was the highlight of my week. Its been a blast here. I've loved my Mission so much, can't imagine doing anything else right now! It's been really worth all the sacrifice, sweat, tears and everything else. I love the Lord and I'm grateful that He's allowed me to represent Him these past 2 years. I owe Him so much, He's lead me by the Hand time after time in my life, and I really just feel remorse almost for some of the things I've done and the way I've acted over the years. I'm thankful for the realization I've come to have out here that I have much to do to repay Him, although I'll never fully be able to. He's kept good watch over me for a long time. I thank my family, my wonderful parents who have done so much over the years for me and Josh and Ally. And I'm thankful for the best 2 siblings in the world, can't wait to bug you guys again! Thanks to everyone else who've been such a big support to me, sending letters and emails. I love you guys so much and I can't wait to see you again! Thanks again.
With Love,
Elder Jake D. Akins

No comments:

Post a Comment