Monday, July 20, 2015

3 to Go

Quite the week we had here. My companions were gone a bit for the week on Exchanges and off helping President with Interviews and such. I was left in the Office with the Secretary and Finance Elders, not doing a whole lot but just enough to keep me busy. We had some Missionaries being dumb down South so I had to straighten some things out there. Our Mission President's son just returned from his Mission in Boise, Idaho. He knew Mitchell Phillips a bit so we chatted for a moment when I saw him about how things were there. He really enjoyed it, and he asked me how I like it here. I told him the same. As I only got 3 weeks left here in the Philippines, I've dwelled a little on how my time in the Mission. I think for anyone who is asked how they liked their Mission can't help but try and describe how it was. We can talk about the food or the culture, funny stories and all that, but for me I can't really describe how I feel about these past 2 years. All I can really say is I have loved it! I just don't know how to describe it, its so intimate I feel. You have to really experience it for yourself to understand.  I've come to love this People, to really really love this People who I never ever thought about before receiving my call. Loving others is something I've learned here, as well as many other things. I hope that they stay with me too. I'm excited yet nervous for the future. I can't wait to be with you all again. Yet I'm all mixed emotions about leaving. Mission's are tough, thats all I've got to say ha. Love you all!
Elder Akins

No comments:

Post a Comment