Sunday, May 17, 2015

Transfer Week

Well another crazy week here in the Office. We had lots going on with getting ready for the Transfer tomorrow. The Plans themselves for the Transfer were really crazy. We had a lot of changes happen. We got 2 new Supply Elders: Elder Kelley and Elder O'Connor. So they will be staying with us from Tuesday on. Should be lots of fun. I'm also getting a new companion, Elder Hernandez. I'll tell you more about him next week, but he's a good guy. We are also getting a new ZL here in Legazpi, one of my good buds Elder Whitney. And part of the crazy thing is he will be taking the place of Elder O'Connor. Elder O'Connor's comp, Elder Pasadillo, is my old comp and he is heading home. So Elder Matautia, this cool, funny, Poly Aussie kid, will take his spot. This isn't even half of it...confused yet? Ya, I'm trying hard to not get confused haha. But its a blast though! We ate Lunch and Dinner with President a couple of times which is always an interesting experience. He always has these crazy stories that he shares with us that leave us saying, "That used to be President?" For example, back in the early 80's he lived in the Middle East, and he would spend countless hours Spear-Fishing. He also told us how he would catch so many fish out there when he was fishing from a boat that they would fillet them and lay all the fillets on the top of the boat and all over the deck so that they could fit them all. Then they would lay them on their car as they drove home, and by the time they got home they would dry to the car haha. He used to have a sweet Tom Seleck Mustache too. On a more spiritual side, I'm currently in the War Chapters of the Book of Mormon. I love Captain Moroni's example most of all, I think he is my favorite Book of Mormon character. He's such a stud. Humble, yet bold. Wasn't afraid of anything. He had complete Faith in his men and the Lord. I hope that I can follow his example more. I've definitely been blessed of having many amazing examples in my life. My Father, my grandfathers, my uncles, my cousins, fathers of friends, ward members, the list goes on and on. Thanks to all of you, I'm so grateful for all of you and the good influence you've had on me! I love you all. Also to my bud's, who knows where I'd be without you Ronny's!
    Love Elder Akins

No comments:

Post a Comment