Monday, April 27, 2015

Exchanges, New Missionaries, and Other Stuff

I'll just keep it real simple this week. So we had 2 different Exchanges with different Zone Leaders this week. The Guinobatan Zone and the Sorsogon Zone Leaders. They were pretty fun, I always love getting out of the Office and back to working. Guinobatan was one of those Jungle areas, so I was lovin' every bit of it! Even got to have some Coconut again! I've missed Buko a lot, that'll be one of the hardest things about coming home I think. But it felt good to be out in the Boonies again, ipinaganak ako sa kabundokan! It just smells and feels so much better there. Anyways its was a really fun exchange. The Sorsogon Zone Leaders: Elder Poulton & Elder Benson, are both studs. I went with Elder Poulton...and we met harsh rejection from many a people due to their area being in a richer area. So a lot of people are just not up to listen. But we still had fun. On Wednesday we had a new Sister come into the Mission from Pakistan...and she hardly spoke a lick of English....or Tagalog. Poor girl, its gonna be a rough take off. I think I realized that when I was trying to orient her with all the Mission Rules and such and she didn't have any questions and was kinda just sitting there like a stump on a log. Oh man, well she'll be fine I guess. We'll just have to pray lots for her. After dropping her off at the Port to go to one of the islands in our Mission with her Trainer, we drove back. We decided to stop at the Pilar Elder's apartment (our Zone) on the way back to check on them. When we got there it was about lunchtime. We walked into the house after seeing their shoes at the door. They are 2 Filipino Elders, but I heard this different kind of English accent when I was there. After giving Elder Surio a "Whats going on?" look, it clicked for us both. Elder O'Connor! The Dirty Aussie himself. Ha so we walk in and him and the other Zone Leader, Elder Pasadillo (my old comp) are just chillin, they were waiting for the other Elder's to return back from work. They had just come through from a different area from exchanges and were just doing an Apartment Check, but we were cracking up trying to figure out what the heck they were doing there! So we took them home with us, and on the way home we decided to make some little kid's day! We had these free coca-cola's given to us, but we aren't allowed to drink it. So as we were driving down the highway we would stop and give it to kids walking down the street, along with a pass-along card. We actually got a text saying thank you from one of them which was cool. But one kid wasn't that excited when we offered to give him one, instead he took off on a dead sprint for the hills! Funniest thing of the week, and we got it on video so I'll upload that soon. So much fun! I love being a Missionary, especially dito sa Pilipinas! Oh and by the way, I've been pondering it for a long time and I gotta say that I'm on Team Pacquiao! Its gonna be such a good fight! Oh man its gonna be crazy! People are already getting ready for it here. And I really hope Pacquiao wins because I really don't wanna find out what will happen if he doesn't haha. Love you all! Take care.
    Elder Akins

No comments:

Post a Comment