Monday, January 19, 2015

Where was I transferred . . .

So ya I got transferred this week...but I got lied to really bad by all my office buddies. They told me that I was opening a new area in a different zone and told me I needed to pack, so I did. Well we get to the Transfer Point and they start reading names and stuff. Then my Zone Leader, Elder Pasadillo gets up and reads off all those who are coming into the Zone. Elder Cameron, his comp, was leaving so that means we get a new ZL. So he starts then pauses right as he goes to read the name...and looks at me. Then my heart sunk ha and sure enough he calls my name. So I go up onto the stand and whisper to Elder Tevaga that I'm gonna beat him like a red headed step-child as I go past him, then give Elder Pasadillo a handshake and sit down. Ya I was pretty shell shocked for a minute ha. Never thought I would get anywhere past a District Leader, but I guess the Lord has other plans for me. We've been running errands for the AP's a bit, planning everything for this coming week with all our meetings with the Zone and Mission, we have Interviews with President this Wednesday, and still trying to punch out a regular working schedule this week, so its been a little hectic for me. But I figure all it takes is time and it'll all be normal for me, so I'll just keep pushin. The worse part of the whole getting transferred situation is that I already said goodbye to all the members here haha so they were all laughing at me when they saw me on Sunday...its so bad ha. But I'm really glad I'm still here in Daraga 1st Ward, the best ward in the Mish! But no ward beats Santa Clara 5th Ward so its all good. Random fact, I met an Elder Rupp from Logan, Utah and turns out he know Christin Voran from back at home, actually they're cousins which I thought was funny because he knows Booty's somehow too so I told him that Boots Frei is my cuz and that I know Voran. Small world eh?! My new housemate is Elder O'Connor, my Dirty Aussie (as I call him) buddy. He's a batch behind me. We've been having lots of fun and we've been working out hard in the mornings...its time to get all this fat off from all the super good food here. I love Filipino food so much ha. Actually I broke a bamboo couch this week so ya I think I've gained some weight ha. Highlight of the week was getting my Christmas Package! The Jerky hit the spot, I think Dad made that but I ain't sure. Thanks though! Well my new area is pretty good. It kinda stinks though because everywhere I go I can see my old area ha but I can't go to it. We walk right down the street to go to the Magallons but I can't even go to their house! Drives me nuts! Me and Elder Pasadillo are already doing work here. For example, we have this Less-Active in our area who doesn't want to pray at all, she hasn't for like months now they said. Our second lesson with her we got her talking to the Lord! It was great, and she really felt good after. I love Missionary Work ha! Well I don't know to much about the area, so I'll have some more updates on the work here next week. Love you all, ingat!
Malapit na akong matapos sa Mission ko ha!
Love Elder Akins

No comments:

Post a Comment