Saturday, December 6, 2014

Typhoon #3

So you're probably wondering why I'm emailing early this week. So we got word a few days ago that we've got ANOTHER big typhoon coming to us. I was supposed to be today, but its slowed down thankfully and is gonna hit tomorrow morning. Church is canceled, which is like the first time in my life ha. But no worries, we are all set and ready to go. We've got food and water for a week, and yesterday we spent the whole day prepping the house for the storm. We also have the Elders from Donsol and Pilar staying with us, so total we have 10 Elders in our apartment. And Elder Whitney and Elder Christofferson (my batch) are both here so we're totally good ha. Not much has been going on this past week, but I did get my new comp. His name is Elder Mallabo (its like Malibu but with an O on the end) and he's from Isabella, Illocos, Philippines. He's a super stud, hard working and we are having tons of fun! I wish I had more to report on, but we're just hunkering down gettin ready for the storm. We should be good, I think I'll be able to call you guys after the storm, but no guarantees. Just know I love ya and I'll be seeing ya in 8 months! Oh and if we don't get power before the 25th MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Love Elder Akins

No comments:

Post a Comment