Monday, July 7, 2014

First 4th of July Not in the US of A

Rough week, but there was still some good in it. One of my Batchmates, Elder Skeen, who has been in Sorsogon Zone the same amount of time as me, 10 months, had to go home because he needs surgery on his back. He's had a pretty rough time so I feel really bad for him. I hope he comes back, really stinks. On Teusday we walked our whole are like 4 times back and forth, and its wide let me tell you. My knees and ankles were aching after, man it was bad. Don't know if I can ever make a 50 miler again haha. And nothing happened on the 4th...except we had Zone Training and all of the Americans stood at the front and sang the Star-Spangled Banner. It was pretty legit. The good news for the week was we had 5 investigators come to Church! 1 of them we hadn't meet, a member just brought her so we are pretty excited about teaching here next week. Today we played Basketball with one of our investigators, Brother Robert, on one of the street hoops by his house. Their hoops are so ghetto haha takes me back to the days of repping Kade Bunting on my Nerf Hoop in my room haha. After we went and ate Buko, Coconut, with one of the members who lives close to our house. He took us to his families house way out in the sticks and helped them cut the Coconuts off of the trees and dehusk them. I love Buko! Can't believe I hated it before the Mission haha. Also this week I tried Avocado for the first time haha yep I've never eaten Guacamole in my life so I was pretty stoked. It wasn't too bad with a little sugar on her haha. Well not much else. Loving life as a Servant of the Lord. Love you guys. Take care this week.
Elder Akins
Happy BDay to the Best Country in the World
Love some lost Americans

No comments:

Post a Comment