Thursday, October 3, 2013

Last Email From the MTC

Well, its finally here! We leave for the Philippines on Monday, and I can't wait. The MTC's been great to me, but I'm getting sick of it. I'm ready for real investigators and all those wonderful experiences I'm going to have out there. If you are wondering why I'm emailing on Thursday instead of Saturday, its because on Friday we have "In Field Orientation" and Saturday and Sunday are Conference. Last Sunday we had Fast and Testimony Meeting. My whole District got up and bore their testimonies. It was awesome. After that we walked over to the Main Campus to go see Elder David S. Baxter of the Seventy speak. On the way I could have swore I saw Kim Gubler in a white SUV driving past the BYU baseball stadium. Ask her if it was her Mom. I was so mad because I saw someone from home and I didn't even get to say hi! Then when we got to Main I was sitting on a bench and Elder Graft walked up to me! I was super happy! We sat together at the devotional on the 2nd row! It was so sweet. I saw the pic of Mason with the Alligator! Haha I showed everyone in my District. So funny. I hope I don't have to deal with any Crocs in my mission. So sketchy. Recently I've picked up some dope ties by my mad trading skills. My new favorite is a grayish, silvery background with large red, crimson paisley covering it. So sick. Well my times up, but I want you to look up a scripture. Its Alma 26:37. And I want you to know that I know that no matter where we are, God is mindful of us. Regardless if its me in Philippines, or y'all back home! Know I love you and miss ya!
Love, Elder Akins

No comments:

Post a Comment