Saturday, September 14, 2013

3rd Week in the MTC

September 14, 2013, 11:20:34 AM MDT
Hey guys! Hows everyone doing! I miss you all so much. I'm doing great though. Mom please make sure that my friends are all in this. This past week has been kinda rough. Our lessons are supposed to go well, but me and my comps can barely stammer our a few words in Tagalog. It kinda sucks. Our last lesson with our "investigator" Romel went alright. We found that if we say a prayer before we knock on his door that our lessons go better. I managed to bear my testimony to him, but it wasn't as long as I had wanted it to be haha. The new group that came in is pretty cool, although I'm gonna miss the group that left. Especially our Zone Leader, Elder Christenson. I talked to him quite a bit about District Leader stuff and he helped me out a lot as a missionary. But in the new group is an Elder from Ogden. He's a country boy so I've talked to him quite a bit the past few days. He's into huntin and fishin so we talk for like an hour at a time, cuz I seriously havent had anyone to talk to about that stuff haha. Amongst the Greenies are 2 Elders from the Marshall Islands. One of them comes into our room and lays on my bed all the time haha. I gave him so of the leftover jerky from Punts buck that he gave me, and showed him the pic of his deer. He came back into our room like 10 minutes later so I asked him if he wanted some cookies or something. He pulls the pic off of my wall and points to the deer. Haha he doesn't speak good english but I understood what he wanted. He polished it all off haha. Theyre funny kids. I've been doing sit ups and push ups every night before I go to bed, so don't be suprised if I come back riped. I love you guys and love hearing from you all. Mom make sure you send me that address book ASAP. Oh and  I havent gotten those Hep A #2 shots yet, I was told that you don't need them but that was by some Ronny lady at the front desk. What should I do? I love yall!
Love Elder Akins

No comments:

Post a Comment