Monday, January 27, 2014

162 Pounds!


I am excited to say that I am no longer a skinny white boy anymore. Ok maybe I'm still skinny but I've gained 12 lbs since the MTC! Dad was right, rice is the worlds natural steroid! Our work this week wasn't the greatest, due to the fact that most of our investigators/less-actives are "Sodsod"-ing. Sodsod is when you have this giant butterfly net connected to a bamboo pole, and you drag it along the sea floor as you swim with it trying to catch these tiny baby crabs. They do it at night because that is when the crabs are close to the beach. So during the day they all sleep so that they can work late into the night. We did baptize Brother Emmanuel on saturday though! He asked me to perform the ordinance so that was really cool. He is my first real Investigator that we tracted and converted so he's really special to me! Last tuesday night we decided to take a short-cut back to our apartment through the jungle...ya that wasn't a good idea. After about 3 minutes we came to the conclusion that we were lost. After walking for another 3 we made our way out, somehow. I've been think lately that if my wife/me can't have kids one day I'm gonna adopt a little Filipino girl. The little girls here are so funny and cute. The Noriega family I talked about last week are all girls, and they are so cute! I love them to death haha, I guess I've gone soft haha! On Friday all of the 3 companionships of missionaries led a Branch Home Evening at our church with the members. We talked about Missionary Work and Families. It was pretty good. Half way through the meeting this frog hoped through the door in front of us so I picked it up and took it outside and threw him across the yard. Brother Alvin AKA Milo-Boy came and told me I should go wash my hands ASAP because that frog was poisonous. I was in the bathroom for a good 10 minutes washing my hands, I was a little nervous my hands were gonna shrivel up or grow some fungus or something. But its all good now. We'll I hope you are all well back at home, I pray for you all everyday! Mahal kita! Kita kits hanggang susunod!
Elder Akins

No comments:

Post a Comment