Monday, January 6, 2014

Transfers!!!

Well I am no longer a Trainee, I am now an actual Missionary...or so they say here. I am still in Gubat so thats really good, theres no way I wanted to leave here just yet. But unfortuanely, my Trainer had to leave. It wasn't hard saying by to Elder Yu, it was more like ripping off a band-aid. They announced our new comps and off we went. But for the next few days I kept looking for him when we were walking haha and then I'd realize I have a new comp haha. My new companion is Elder Caguimbal. He is from Bagiuo, Philippines. He is a really hard worker and is actually our DL. He's always happy, just my kind of guy. We've been working hard these past few days, introducing him to everyone and teaching a lot of lessons. Last Wednesday we where at a dinner appointment and the son of the Nanay that we were eating with was having some friends over to play Ping Pong on their ghetto table that I beat Elder Yu on before he left. They asked if me and Elder Gutierrez if we wanted to play doubles with them. We beat all of them, 5 games to none. It was so sick. The next day we went to teach a really solid investigator that we've had for awhile, only to find out that he is moving to a new area. Sucks, I was hoping that I would be here when he was Baptized. At lunch the other day we were eating out and I was in line next to this old man. He looked at me, and then said in English,"Are you a Musketeer?" Haha I had no idea what to say, me and the cashier were just laughing and then he said,"I might be old, but I'm still nimble as I was when I was young!" Haha I have no idea what he was talking about but it was really funny. And this morning we played basketball with our District. While we were waiting for the hoop to be set up, me and Elder Gutierrez played Ping Pong inside the church for a little bit. I beat him all 3 rounds. My rule has just begun though haha. The Mission is amazing, I'm loving life right now! The people are awesome, I can't imagine being anywhere else! I love you all and miss you so much. I know this Gospel is true!
Elder Akins

No comments:

Post a Comment